A technology-enabled data & insights platform is one of the most effective ways to manage your business week in and week out. The ability to have critical data at your fingertips with easy-to-interpret visualization enables business owners to make critical decisions.
Here are 4 key considerations to keep in mind when developing your performance dashboard to manage your business across channels and ensure visibility to consumer behavior – however and wherever they shop.
1. Prioritize the Fundamentals: What are the critical business questions you need to answer on a daily basis? Prioritizing the KPIs that indicate the health of your business at a glance ensures you can act quickly if needed and prioritizes using resources to analyze data, instead of just aggregating it.
2. Consider the Impact of Omnichannel: Your dashboard should be designed to provide visibility to in-store sales, online sales, online orders, and in-store pickup while connecting the dynamics between sales channels. With the variety of promotional vehicles available today, having a total view of your business enables insights into actions.
3. Don’t forget about Supply Chain: The first thing everyone considers on a dashboard is sales, but key supply chain metrics often provide a lens into the “why” of sales metrics. With stores quickly transforming into fulfillment centers for online purchases, being able to dive deep into critical inventory metrics like ordering trends, forecast accuracy, and compliance are critical to a brand’s success.
4. Your Data, Your Way: Speed, agility, and custom aggregation are critical to discovering business driving trends and diagnosing challenges across retailers and channels. Bringing disparate data sources together unlocks transformative insights.
HARVEST GROUP BUILT EMBER TO BE THE SOLUTION OUR CPG PARTNERS NEEDED
At Harvest Group we have approached report development with a simple philosophy: What are the fundamental business questions that we need to answer? And how do we go further into the details to answer customized business questions for each of our CPG clients? This is a key distinction as we serve clients across 160 product categories.
With that in mind, Harvest Group has developed a platform, Ember, that provides our partners custom solutions that quickly, accurately, and dynamically answer the most important questions for their business.
Key Features of Ember:
- Ability to combine disparate data sources into a single platform
- Scalable data permissions and privacy – only your team can see your data
- Dedicated BI team to work continuously on new solutions needed in the business
- Proprietary capabilities to drive growth across retailers and channels
Sample Ember Dashboard Below
If you’re interested in learning more about how Harvest Group’s Ember platform can help give you more insight and visibility into your business’s performance, reach out to us at email@example.com or fill out our Contact Us form here.